Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Making Christmas Cookies

Today the kids and I baked Christmas cookies.  It was the first time I’ve ever done real baking or cooking with them.   I think they loved it and had a great time, which I’m glad.  But it was one of the most stressful things I’ve done in awhile.  I’m not one of those relaxed people who don’t care about the big mess.  It stressed me to no end how big a mess we made!  But I bit my tongue and dealt with it today and cleaned up the aftermath when we were done.

Will reading the recipe for Nana and Papa’s Christmas sugar cookies.DSC_4656Getting the butter ready.DSC_4657Watching the mixer.DSC_4659Cookie dough!DSC_4663Rolling, rolling, rolling.DSC_4664DSC_4666DSC_4668Cutting, cutting, cutting.DSC_4669DSC_4671Decorating!DSC_4673DSC_4674DSC_4675DSC_4677See Lindy’s hand in that pink bowl.  In the pink bowl there were little tiny, all different colored balls – possibly called nonpareils.  It was right after this that she accidentally knocked the whole bowl off the counter.  Hundreds, if not thousands, of tiny little balls all over my kitchen floor.  I just took a deep breath and cleaned it up.DSC_4679Said balls on the ground.  Hard to see I’m sure, but all those tiny little specks are balls.DSC_4681DSC_4687Lindy’s pan full of decorated cookies!DSC_4683Will’s finished cookies.DSC_4685Lindy also dumped the chocolate sprinkles – thankfully this time it was on the counter.DSC_4690Testing the final product!DSC_4693DSC_4694

Cookies for Santa – done. 

Now to finish everything else on the list!

1 comment:

lauren said...

I know what you mean about the stress - thankfully Isabelle goes to my aunt's house and she gladly takes on those projects with her!