Sunday, October 3, 2010

Dixie Classic Fair 2010

Since Lindy had the day off of school Friday we went to the Dixie Classic Fair.  It was the opening day and it was a beautiful day.  We had 5 inches of rain last week but it cleared up Friday and was so pretty out.

Normally Drew and I are working the fair at a food booth.  Our old church, Palmyra, had a food booth and one of us would try to work each of the 10 days the fair was going on.  We are at a new church that doesn’t have a food booth so it was a little strange to us this year to just go to the fair for fun!  We did visit our old friends at Palmyra and got some tasty food from their booth.  I suggest anyone headed to the Dixie Classic Fair should do the same.  Go to booth #3 for some tasty victuals!

After eating lunch we walked all over.  We visited the petting zoo, saw the 600lb pumpkins (which looked small compared to the 1250lb one they had last year), saw some of a magic show, saw the racing pigs, ate some deep-fried candy bars (yummy), and rode some rides!  I loosened up enough in my old age that I allowed the kids to go on some rides.  Last year I was still too germaphobic.  I figure with the kids in school they are surrounded by germs and they could deal with rides.  They had a blast exploring the fair. 

Don’t tell Will – Lindy’s class gets to go back on Wednesday for Special Education Day.  I’m going with her!

Happy to be at the fair!DSC_2533 The Krispy Kreme Burger.  That’s right folks.  A cheeseburger with lettuce, pickles, tomato and bacon between TWO Krispy Kreme donuts!  Gross!  We didn’t try it but Drew keeps wishing he had.DSC_2535 DSC_2536 The pumpkins this year.DSC_2545 I got a few pictures of the kids feeding carrots to the goats before I got in trouble and was told I couldn’t take pictures inside.  DSC_2547 DSC_2549 Watching the juggler on stilts.DSC_2554 DSC_2556 We didn’t try this either but apparently you can deep fry anything!DSC_2557 While waiting for the pig races we did share some deep fried candy bars.  So bad for you but so tasty!DSC_2563 DSC_2565 Pig races!DSC_2570The first ride – the Wiggly Worm- about made Drew and me sick, but the kids liked it!DSC_2583  DSC_2587 Next we rode the carousel which was much more our speed.  DSC_2618 DSC_2622 DSC_2624 Then we each took each kid on the big slide.  I thought it was a lot of fun!  I think the kids really liked it too!DSC_2635 Mommy and WillDSC_2604 DSC_2605 Daddy and Lindy – who I don’t think was too sure the first ride!DSC_2611DSC_2612  Next was Daddy and Will’s turn.DSC_2638 And finally Mommy and Lindy – who decided she liked it the second time!DSC_2659

We had a blast at the DCF!  It was a beautiful day to blow some money on the kids!  Check out the kids at the DCF in 2009.

No comments: