Sunday, January 27, 2013

Boring Week

This has been a boring week around here.  The kids didn’t have school on Tuesday because of a teacher workday.  Since they got Friday off for a snow day, that made for a five day weekend.  A somewhat long five day weekend.  The kids are in super fighting mode these days.  When we were out they were fairly good but when they were home – they were fighting. 

I worked from home Tuesday and then I headed out of town early Wednesday morning for a two day work retreat.  I rode with my co-worker Velvet and we got to Raleigh around 9am Wednesday morning.  We had a full day of meetings and then dinner that night and another full day of meetings on Thursday.  We finished at 3pm on Thursday and I got home around 5:15pm Thursday evening. I ate quickly and then headed out to choir practice with the kids. 

While I was gone Drew did something new for the first time ever.  He had to do Lindy’s hair!  I put her hair up every weekday so that it doesn’t hang in her eyes at school.  She has enough going against her at school that she doesn’t need that problem.  So he had to put her hair up.  He put it in pig tails on Wednesday and a pony tail on Thursday.  He didn’t take pictures unfortunately.  Sure would have loved to have seen it! 

Friday we had another forecast for winter weather.  It was supposed to start around 12pm so the preschool asked all parents to pick up their kids by 11am.  We left for school on Friday morning and 5 minutes from our house it started sleeting.  It sleeted the entire way to school.  By the time I came out from dropping them off the parking lot was covered.  I headed on to work and thankfully a few minutes later it stopped.  I worked until 12pm and came home.  A few minutes after I was home it started raining.  The rest of the afternoon we had a mixture of snow, sleet, and freezing rain.  Drew ran to the grocery store around 2pm and he had trouble getting the car back up the driveway when he got home.  It took him about 7 tries to get it in the garage.  He got a little farther each time and finally got it in, thankfully without hitting his car on the way!  We stayed warm and safe inside the rest of the day and night. 

Saturday morning our rode and driveway had a sheet of ice on it until early afternoon.  It finally warmed up and started melting.  We ended up meeting Ed, Jamie, and Molly at a restaurant for dinner. 

Today we had church and the kids and I ran to Walmart.  It was a bad trip that ended in lots of fighting.  Uggg.

The only other events of the week are that both the kids got a cold.  Will’s nose started running like a faucet on Tuesday morning.  It ran with a vengeance all day.  Thankfully it slacked up the rest of the week.  His voice sounded funny the rest of the week but otherwise he’s been okay.  Lindy started sounding a little junky Thursday evening.  Friday evening she was stuffy and coughing a little bit.  She ended up in our bed and Drew and I split the night with her.  She has acted completely fine and has had no fever.  Thankfully she slept well last night.  At the first sign of a cold I start her on albuterol.  Hopefully that is helping.

The other new development this week has been the advent of Will lying.  3 times now he has lied to us.  Every single one of them has been in relation to something he did to Lindy.  She comes crying and says “Will pushed me.”  Then we have asked Will and he has told us “No, I didn’t.”  It’s quite easy to catch him in these little lies because you can kind of see him thinking about his answer.  One time we had them reenact the entire situation and we made Will show us what he did.  He said he put his arms on her chest and did this, as he was demonstrating that he pushed her.  Ugggg.  We have had some serious discussions. I know it’s something new he is trying out but I’ve let him know that we tell the truth.  We’ll see if he continues on.

But he is still a good boy.  He asked us one night “How do you say above in English?”  I thought it was so funny!

Lindy has taken to singing.  She makes up songs about everything lately!  She is a hoot that always keeps us entertained.  She LOVES to help us.  In fact she cried tonight when I wouldn’t let her help me make pancakes.  She wants to help with everything we do.  She also wants grown up things lately.  Grown up fork and knife. 

I took hardly any pictures this week. 

Saturday Drew and I dusted the house and she insisted on helping.  She followed us around until we gave her her own rag and let her dust behind us!DSC_0378Silly nut.DSC_0379Before church today.  DSC_0380I LOVE a sweater dress.  On little girls, not on me!DSC_0386DSC_0387Something was funny!DSC_0388DSC_0390

No comments: