Sunday, January 13, 2013

Week in Review

This week started off with two appointments for Lindy Lou.  She had a hearing test on Monday morning.  I picked her up early from school and we headed to the hospital.  Thankfully both her ear drums were moving, so her fluid and ear infection from December were gone.  The tympanogram was slightly pulled to the left on her right ear but the audiologist said that means there is still a little pressure.  She said it probably feels like it needs to pop.  We did her hearing test and Lindy did well.  Her hearing was back up to normal – or whatever normal is for Lindy.  Her hearing always gets worse with fluid in her ears.  We also picked up our new ear molds and thankfully they fit!  We have been on a good roll the last couple tries with ear molds!  We used to always have to have them remade because they never fit right the first go round.  Lindy and I left the hospital and we went and had our lunch in the car outside her physical therapy building.  We finally went in for PT and Lindy did pretty good.  She didn’t look as great this month as she did last month.  But we didn’t do anything over Xmas break in terms of therapy so that didn’t help.

While Lindy and I were at her appointments Will had gone home with a friend of the kids from school.  He got to spend the afternoon playing with Parker.  Parker is actually in Lindy’s class at school and Lindy was so jealous!  We picked Will up and headed home. 

Tuesday the kids had gymnastics.  I had forgotten Lindy’s FM system at school so it wasn’t her best class ever, but not so much her fault either.  We were happy to see Claire back in the kids’ class and now I have Katie back to talk to!

The next few days were just full of me working.  I’m slowly transitioning to full time work.  agagaga!  I’m trying to work up to it. 

Friday night we did a cool after dinner treat.  My friend Callie had told me they made homemade ice cream in plastic bags this week so I thought we’d give it a try.  So simple and yet so incredibly yummy.  Drew was totally questioning my sanity but boy did he love his ice cream!  It was a fun little activity!

Saturday morning we got up and got ready  to head to Charlotte to celebrate young Anna Southern’s 30th birthday.  Seems like Anna Southern is not actually so young anymore Winking smile  We headed to Bob and Suzette’s for lunch with the whole family and two friends of Anna’s.  After lunch the adults went bowling for a couple hours.  It was a lot of fun and so much easier to do without two little kids with you!  Thanks to Bob, Suzette, and Lynn who watched the kids while we were gone. 

Lindy seemed like she was on the verge of a cold coming on.  She seemed fine at Bob and Suzette’s but she coughed and sneezed the whole way home.  She woke up this morning and sneezed a ton of times.  I decided it was best for her not to be sneezing all over her friends from church so Lindy and I stayed home.  She laid on the couch all morning playing the iPad.  I got busy!  I had an unexpected 3 hours on my hands and I made the most of my time.  I hardly stopped moving.  I exercised, did laundry, vacuumed, cleaned spots on the carpet, packed up the kids’ outgrown winter clothes, moved tubs of clothes around in the garage.  I had the most productive morning ever!  Will and Drew came home and Drew headed back out to help his brother.  We’ve had a lazy afternoon around here.  Lindy has sneezed so many times today.  I didn’t know someone could sneeze so much!  At times she acts fine, other times she acts sleepy.  We’ll have to decide about school tomorrow.

We did go outside for just a little while this afternoon because it was near 70F.  The kids rode the Jeep up to a neighbor’s house to drop something off and then we rode home.  I let Will drive on the fast speed and I had to speed walk to keep up with him! 

Not many pictures this week either.  Working really cuts down on my picture taking time.  Here is what I have!

A couple of ridiculously cute kids!DSC_0095DSC_0096One night Will set up a beach volleyball court.  The chairs were the net.  He had the greatest time hitting the beach ball back and forth.  DSC_0100Lindy was playing with Drew while we were playing volleyball.  She was laughing so hard!DSC_0104DSC_0111DSC_0113Stirring up the ice cream ingredients!DSC_0120DSC_0124Put them in a plastic bag.DSC_0127DSC_0128Put the small bag in a gallon bag with ice and salt and SHAKE!DSC_0129DSC_0130DSC_0132DSC_01335 minutes later you get ice cream!!!DSC_0134Um, um, good!DSC_0141She went to the bathroom and came back and was shivering she was so cold!  I got her hat to keep her warm!DSC_0143DSC_0146DSC_0147Crazy cute outfit!  Too bad it got to 70F and we had to ditch the adorable sweater poncho!DSC_0151At the bowling alley.DSC_0165Happy Birthday, Anna!DSC_0168

Before I got this post published I put the kids to bed.  Lindy started coughing and of course she ended up throwing up.  She definitely has a cold and phlegm in the back of her throat, which always makes her puke.  Hopefully she cleared it out and will sleep good now.  Now that she has had a change of clothes and another bath!

No comments: