Monday, August 20, 2007

Happy Birthday! Monday, July 30th

Adam Allan
William Allan


Lindy Jane




I woke up on Monday morning with contractions that were different than the other contractions I had been having. I was given more medicine and watched closely but it was finally determined that I would be giving birth on Monday, July 30th.

Lindy Jane (Baby A) was born at 2:19pm and weighed 1 pound, 9 ounces. She was 12 1/2 inches long.
William Allan (Baby B) was born at 2:20pm and weighed 1 pound, 14 ounces. He was 13 1/2 inches long.
Adam Allan (Baby C) was born at 2:22pm and weighed 1 pound, 13 ounces. He was 12 1/2 inches long.

The c-section went well. We were happy that our doctor, Dr. Parker, was able to do it. The operating room only had room for two babies in it. As soon as Lindy was born she was taken to the room next door. Will and Adam were kept in the same room with us. Drew was able to go check on each baby. Unfortunately in the sudden haste and excitement of finding out we were having babies, we forgot to grab the camera on the way to the operating room! I was able to see Will quickly before they took them up to the NICU and I got to give him a quick kiss on the head.

I was taken into recovery where I started getting sick. I do not get along with anesthesia, every time I have had it I get sick. On the way out of recovery, on the way to my room, they wheeled me through the NICU and I got a quick look at Will. Lindy and Adam were still being worked on so we did not get to see them then.

No comments: