Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Beaver Visit and Easter 2016

Unfortunately last week wasn't our spring break so even though the Beavers were here, we had to go back to work and school.   The best part of last week was no homework!!  I think I was more excited than the kids!  That left us lots of time to play outside in the evenings and enjoy the lighter evenings. 

Spring break was originally supposed to start Wednesday at 1pm.   Unfortunately they ended up making Thursday a make up day.  Which ruined my plans - so I let the kids skip school on Thursday.  Will wasn't too sure about it but he didn't complain too much.  My sister and kids were leaving Friday and if we got over there on Thursday we would hardly see them.  I picked them up at 1pm on Wed. and I met my mom and sister half way to hand the kids off.  The kids spent the afternoon playing at the park and going out to eat with their cousins.  I took Thursday afternoon off and headed over to my parents'.  It was a pretty day so we headed out on our first boat ride of the year.  We rode around and Hayley fished some.  We enjoyed hanging out and seeing the Beavers.  They flew out on Friday so they headed to the airport after lunch.  We headed home after lunch and we mowed and did yard work.  Saturday my parents came over and they helped us do a few thing in the yard.  They helped us finally get the swing set together and clean out some brush at the back of the yard.  It's nice to have handy parents! Saturday night we went over to Mimo's and we had an Easter dinner with her, Ed, Jamie and Ellie, and Anna and Brian.  It was nice to see everyone.  Will got to hold Ellie for the first time.  She was getting fussy so she lasted about 30 secs before she started crying.  But he got to hold her - which I wanted more than he did!

Sunday was Easter!  It was a busy morning but a nice afternoon.  We had an Easter Egg hunt first thing in the morning and we gave them Easter baskets.  We had to finish getting ready in our Easter finest and we headed to Easter church.  We got home and before too long my parents were back and Ed, Jamie and Ellie arrived.  It was Ellie's first trip to our house!  We had dinner and played with the baby before they left.  My parents stuck around for a bit before heading out.  Soon after that we headed out to go meet Grandbob and Suzette.  We passed the kids off to them for a few days since it is spring break but neither Drew or I can take any time off of work.  It's much more fun to play with grandparents than go to work with me every day!

Enjoy some pictures!

Starting spring break off right - lounging by the pool!

 Love this pic of her!
 First boat ride of 2016


Hayley is 12 (almost 13) and is finally taller than me. 
 


 Saturday evening holding Ellie.
 Not sure what to do when she started crying!
Easter morning - waiting to hunt eggs
 Waiting.....

 Ready, set, go!








 


 Will has been perfecting the glare.  He reserves it mostly for me but Drew gets it as well. 
 Dressed in their Easter finest!

 Love when I can find coordinating outfits!

 
Ed and Jamie's first Easter with Ellie!
 Sweet Easter cousins!
 
 Sweet Baby Ellie!
 Awwww......
 One more of the newest Southern!
 















No comments: