Friday, February 19, 2010

Accident Waiting to Happen

Lindy learned how to climb up in the kitchen chair this week and it’s an accident waiting to happen.  She does well getting up there but then she gives us a heart attack once she is there.  She thinks standing up in the chair is a good idea.  She gets up facing the back of the chair and therefore she has to somehow get herself turned around and sitting on her bottom.  This gets pretty tricky sometimes.  I do think her braces make it a lot harder for her to get her feet out from underneath herself.  When she’s trying to get her feet out she is usually hanging off the side of the chair.  The first day she would get down from the chair by herself but since then she won’t do it by herself.  We help her down and she climbs right back up.  I’ve even started blocking the kitchen off during the day so that I don’t have to deal with it!  Physically and developmentally it’s a great thing for her to have figured out how to do this.  It’s just not good for her parents and the gray hair she is giving us!  She has fallen a couple times while trying to climb up but thankfully she hasn’t hurt herself!

DSC_0524DSC_0526DSC_0527DSC_0529DSC_0530DSC_0531 DSC_0533DSC_0538DSC_0540       

As for the rest of the week, Lindy had vision therapy Wednesday morning and hearing therapy Wednesday afternoon.  During vision therapy Leslie did some testing with her and I thought she did pretty darn good.  In hearing therapy we played with water and washed some dirty toys.  Lindy had a great time and tried her hardest to soak both me and Chris!

Tuesday morning was my big day.  We had the March of Dimes kick-off breakfast and I had to stand up and give a speech in front of about 60 people!  I made it through thankfully!  I’ll be launching our March for Babies team soon – stay tuned!

The kids and I went on Monday night to watch Drew play in one of his church basketball games.  Most of the games have been too late for us to go to but Monday’s game was at 6:15pm.  The kids did okay.  I kept them in the stroller because there is NO way they would have sat still in the bleachers with me.  Will alternated yelling ‘down’ and ‘dada’ the entire game!  I had to pretty much entertain Lindy the entire game because the poor girl couldn’t see the game going on.  I think she’d actually see the players when they were close to her but then they’d quickly be gone.  Probably too much for her to keep track of. 

We’ve been watching Will this week because we can’t figure out what is going on.  He’s had a slightly runny nose for 3 weeks now.  None of the rest of us seem to have a runny nose.  Sunday afternoon and Monday morning when he woke up his eyes and bridge of his nose seemed a little swollen.   Plus he had that rash a few weeks ago.  I can’t decide if they are all related or just random stuff going on.  I’m starting to wonder if he has allergies.  He acts completely fine which is why I haven’t taken him to the doctor yet. 

Will’s other excitement for the week is that he seems to be catching on to his colors and some numbers and letters.  We have these different colored boxes that have 3-4 colored items in each box.  He can successfully sort the items by himself now.  He has also been ‘counting’ on his fingers for a little bit now.  When we count out loud he points to his fingers and ‘counts’ along with us.  Yesterday he surprised me by knowing some of his letters.   He plays with the fridge alphabet toys and this apple alphabet toy all the time so he has apparently learned some along the way!  It’s fun to see him learning!

Lou Lou went pee-pee on Sunday – except it was on the floor in the bathroom and not in the potty!  Will was sitting on the potty and I kept saying ‘go pee-pee.’  Lindy was standing next to me and all of a sudden she peed all over the floor.  I honestly don’t think she did it because I was saying ‘go pee-pee’ but we did praise her.  We tried to act like we were happy that she went pee-pee!  So weird to be praising someone for peeing on your bathroom floor.  Being a parent is crazy! 

Have a great weekend!  It’s finally supposed to warm up around here!

The kids LOVE their tent but it gives them the worst static!CSC_0613CSC_0614 DSC_0591 DSC_0607 DSC_0609 Some random pictures when I was playing with my camera one day.DSC_0594DSC_0599DSC_0600 DSC_0602DSC_0606 At Daddy’s basketball game.DSC_0518

2 comments:

Mimo said...

I'm sure Miss Go-for-it is driving you crazy with her new skills, but she's so proud of herself. I guess I'll just have to come up there to watch her so y'all can go on with your lives. I could watch her all day.

lauren said...

Loving the pee pee story!