Sunday, March 1, 2009

Guess What I Did in 1990 and 1991?

I walked in the March of Dimes Walk America walk (now known as the March For Babies)!! I was living in Bennington, Vermont at the time and my mom, sister, and I participated in the walk a couple years. It makes me proud to know that back in the day I was helping out babies. Little did I know that one day my own babies would benefit from the March of Dimes education and research. Although I don't have pictures of the actual walks, I found pictures of me back then wearing my March of Dimes shirts. (I'm willingly embarrassing myself with old pictures - for a good cause). And here's the crazy thing - I still have one of my t-shirts. So what if it's 19 years old!So as you may have guessed - we are walking again in the March of Dimes March For Babies. Last year we walked and you guys blew us away with your support and generosity. We hope you will consider supporting us again this year.
March for Babies - Winston Salem
April 18, 2009
Bolton Park
Registration begins at 9am, Walk begins at 10am

This cause is very near and dear to our hearts. Lindy, Will, and Adam were born at 25 weeks. Lindy weighed 1lb 9oz, Will weighed 1lb 14oz, and Adam weighed 1lb 13oz. Our sweet Adam only lived for 12 hours, but thanks to some of the research made possible by the March of Dimes, Lindy and Will were able to survive.

You may think the March of Dimes only helps premature babies. The fact is that the March of Dimes has also touched your life if you know the importance of taking folic acid before and during pregnancy to prevent neural tube defects, if your newborn child received a PKU test (a mandatory test in all 50 states that can diagnose a disorder which causes severe mental retardation), or if you or your children were vaccinated against polio. The March of Dimes has been instrumental in the research and education of all of the above.

We hope you can support us again in our efforts to raise money so that all babies can be born healthy. You can donate online by clicking on the March of Dimes badge on the top right of the page. You can also give me or Drew a check, made out to the March of Dimes. We know money is a little bit tighter these days but we hope you will still consider supporting us. My guess is that Lindy, Will, and all the other babies out there do not know we are in a recession. Any little bit can help save the life of an innocent little baby.

We would love to have people join our team and walk and fundraise with us. If you are interested in being a member of the Million Dollar Babies team, let me know. We would love to have a large group walking for Lindy and Will, and for Adam, who can't be with us.

Can you possibly say no to these March of Dimes Miracles??


No comments: