Sunday, September 29, 2013

Catching Up

I skipped a week on the blog.  GASP!  Don’t think I haven’t heard about it from the select few who I consider my ‘die hard readers.’  I had no clue what was in store for me last week at work when I didn’t get a post written last Sunday.  If I had known how the week would end up then I might not have crawled out of bed last Monday morning.

Nonetheless…let’ss back this thing up two weeks to Monday, September 16th.  The 16th was the big kindergarten lunch party.  It was the first day we could eat lunch with our kids at school.  They have all parents wait a few weeks to let the kids get acclimated to school.  They had the gym set up with 10 rows of tables and the classes all came in 10 minutes apart.  Will’s class was the first class in so we got to sit with him and his classmates and all their parents.  I ate lunch with Will and Drew just visited with us.  We spent a nice 30 minutes with Will and his class.  His class left at 11:40am and we headed out to the hallway to wait for Lindy’s class, who came at 11:45am.  We did the whole thing again with Lindy except this time Drew ate with her and I just visited with them.   Both kids were very excited to see us.  We weren’t the only ones who did it twice.  I know of two other parents who did the same thing we did and then I’ve heard there is a set of triplets but I haven’t seen them and don’t know who they are. 

Not much went on during the week.  I sold both of the kids’ old cribs/toddler beds last week and Lindy’s baby/toddler bedding.  It’s been sitting in our house taking up room since they got their new furniture.  It’s nice to have it out and make some money, but it was kind of hard to see it go.  Seems like they should still be in cribs!

Friday morning I volunteered in Will’s class for his science special.  The classes are so large they are asking for parent volunteers during certain specials.  Will didn’t pay me one bit of attention but it was nice to get to see all his classmates.  Friday afternoon Drew picked the kids up and headed straight to Mooresville.  It was the first time Drew had been. I came after I got off of work that day.  We went out for Drew’s first ride on the boat.  It was a pretty sunset.  We docked the boat and walked up to their house to see the progress.  We headed back to their house and went out to dinner and then Drew headed home.  The kids and I spent the night with them. 

Saturday morning, Drew’s mom came up to the lake to visit.  Our plan had been to take her for a boat ride but the stinking weather prevented that.  We kept checking the radars and we decided to go try a short ride around 11:30am.  Dad had gotten the cover off the boat and we were headed down the hill when it started raining.  Everyone headed back inside and I helped Dad get the cover back on.  It rained, lightly, the rest of the day.  We ended up going out for lunch and rode around downtown Mooresville to a furniture store and an ice cream parlor.  Not a boat ride but we enjoyed the afternoon together.   The kids and I headed back to home around 6pm and it was horrible.  The steady rain all day turned into a mess on the highway.  I was so glad to get home.

Sunday evening we had a concert at church by the Rain Jackets band.  They play old 50’s and 60’s music and they are awesome.  The kids danced their tiny little hineys off.  I was practically on the ground laughing at them.  They were the only two out there most of the time but that didn’t stop them.  Will had dance moves I have never seen.  It was so funny. 

And now onto this week.  Thursday night was one of our three big fall fundraisers in my office.  I knew it would be a busy week but I didn’t realize how busy it would be.  I worked till at least 8:30pm Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights.  I hadn’t prepared myself for it and was shocked!  I was not a happy person most of the week.  The actual event was Thursday night and I got in bed around 1am that night.  LONG WEEK!  The event went well but it was a lot of work leading up to it.  The Honorary Chair for our event was Joey Cheek, Olympic Gold Medalist, from Greensboro.  He brought his gold and silver medals and it was so cool to hold them!  I held a Gold Medal!! 

I have no clue what my family did most nights.  The kids went with Drew to a youth meeting Wednesday night and then out to dinner with some church people.  They got home late and I did actually get to kiss them goodnight that evening.  I missed my babes this week.  Big props to Drew for taking over this week.

After getting in bed at 1am Thursday night, Lindy woke up crying at 4am.  She said she didn’t feel well.  She had a fever when she woke up.  We brought her to our bed and she ended up throwing up one time.  Mostly drainage I think.  She slept with us the rest of the night – a very short night for me.  She was still feverish in the morning so she missed her first day of kindergarten.  Drew got up and took Will to school for me.  Lindy fell back asleep so I got ready. I had to run by work but then I headed to school because I was signed up to volunteer in Lindy’s class.  Poor girl wasn’t even there.  I felt bad not going so I went.  Drew said she perked up some in the morning but around lunchtime she was feeling bad and took a nap.  She ate some soup for dinner and seemed to feel better after that.

Saturday morning we headed down to Charlotte to celebrate the birthday of an old, old man – GrandBob.  He turned another year older Thursday and man is he old!  We had a delicious lunch and had a little cornhole tourney in which Drew and Anna won.  A nice afternoon was had by all.  We came back for dinner and baths and bedtime.

Today we had church and I went to a pampered chef party.  That sums up the last two weeks.  Nothing too exciting has been going on.

Lunch with Will!IMG_2612IMG_2613Lunch with Lindy!IMG_2614IMG_2615Special hats from school.DSC_4373DSC_4374For a couple nights Will set up an exercise class and made Lindy and me participate.  DSC_4375DSC_4378Playing hide-n-seek in Nana and Papa’s house.  Didn’t work real well since there aren’t any walls!  ha!DSC_4383DSC_4385DSC_4386DSC_4391Drew’s inaugural ride and drive on the boat.DSC_4392We saw a beautiful sunset that Friday evening!DSC_4397DSC_4400DSC_4401DSC_4408Last Sunday Will knew someone was coming to look at the baby bedding so he made a sign and was planning to stand outside all afternoon till they got there.  I finally convinced him to just leave it on the front step and come inside!DSC_4416DSC_4418These pictures from my phone don’t do any justice to the dancing.  IMG_2636IMG_2638On the Rock Around the Clock song Will pretended to be a clock!  See the swinging arms?!IMG_2644Dancing with our fave, Ms. Martha!IMG_2645Looking handsome before school one day.DSC_4420Silly goo looking cute but being silly!DSC_4424Me and Joey Cheek!  He was a nice (looking) guy! ha ha!IMG_2663Me, Joey, and my coworkers, Jonathon and Velvet.  Jonathon photo bombed us.IMG_2664IMG_2665Holding real Olympic medals.  How cool is that.  And speaking of photo bombs, this might be one of the best I’ve seen lately!IMG_2666Celebrating the old guy in the middle’s birthday!DSC_4429So old he can’t keep his eye lids open for a birthday picture!DSC_4430Will did a little ninja warrior trainingDSC_4434while Lindy pounded on things.DSC_4435The cornhole champs, Drew and Anna.DSC_4438The champs and a cute little girl!DSC_4439

Anita, Janice, Lynn – are you happy now?!  Smile


Anita said...

Yes..thank you

Janice Sizemore said...

Thank you, thank you very much! LOL!