Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Valentine’s Day and Weekend Guests

I meant to write a post last night and I forgot.  I’m thankful for the gentle reminders from a certain friend or else I’d have not thought about it at all today!

We had a good week with a good bit going on.

The biggest news of last week was that I started working full-time on Monday.  I had gradually been working my hours up from part-time so it wasn’t a huge shock to me or the family. 

Of course Tuesday rolled around and I had to be at work and Drew had to be in High Point for a meeting all day.  GrandBob to the rescue!  I met him at the kids’ school and we swapped cars.  He got the kids and took them to gymnastics and the mall.  They got cookies and got to ride the carousel at the mall with GrandBob and Aunt Joan.  They left the mall and they met Drew and me in Clemmons at the ENT office.  We grabbed Lindy and headed into the appointment and Will and GrandBob headed to Tanglewood Park to play. 

This was a big appointment for LIndy Lou.  He was checking her ears to make sure her ear infection in Dec. was gone and he scoped her to see if her left vocal cord was moving.  We had talked to Lindy about it some so she knew he was going to put something in her nose.  We came fully prepared with throw up bucket and a change of clothes though.  Thankfully her ears were cleared up.  Next he sprayed some numbing spray up her nose and then he stuck a really long tube down it.  She sat in my lap and I had to wrap my legs around hers so she didn’t kick him and I had to wrap my arms around hers so she didn’t try to pull the tube out.  Drew was in charge of the throw up bucket and holding her hand.  Lindy continues to amaze us.  She did awesome and was such a rock star.  She didn’t like it but she didn’t really even cry.  Thankfully it only lasted a few minutes.   She did gag a little towards the end but she never threw up!  The nurse couldn’t believe how good she did and said much older ones than her act so much worse!  That is the toughest girl I know.  She is awesome.  The thing that was not so awesome was that he didn’t see her left vocal cord move at all.  It is fully paralyzed.  So now we have some decisions to make.  We can do nothing and see how she does in kindergarten.  We could augment her vocal cord with some kind of injection.  These are only temporary but it could give us some info.  We can do a fairly new vocal cord surgery on her as well.   We could do a combo of them or again, we can do nothing.  Decisions, decisions.  We got out of there and we met up with Will and Grandbob at the Cracker Barrel.  We let Lindy pick a special candy out for being so amazing.  She liked that treat.

Wednesday I spent the day in Raleigh in some training classes and Thursday was Valentine’s Day.  Drew and I don’t really exchange V-day presents.  I do request a card but this year he also surprised me with 2 boxes of Hot Tamales – my favorite candy.  He’s so sweet!  I did however get the kids presents.  Because they are the loves of our lives!  They each got a balloon and a Dream Lite.  They LOVE the Dream Lites.  The funny thing is that my dad saw them at Xmas and asked if the kids would like them.  I said no.  Well they got one for Rylee and the kids did end up loving hers, so I went ahead and got them one for V-day.  Kind of glad I turned my dad down so I had a good gift to get them!!  We had a romantic pizza dinner – free pizza at that (from the papa johns coin toss at the Super Bowl!). 

Friday the kids had their actual Valentine parties at school.  They came home loaded with fun stuff.  I think our Valentine’s were the best!  I might be biased though.  Friday I met up with the kids and we went to Target while Drew visited a church member at the hospital.  We then went for dinner out before heading home.  We waited patiently for my parents to arrive that evening.  We are glad they braved a drive through some snow in the mountains to come visit with us. 

We didn’t have an eventful weekend but it was nice to see my parents.  Mom and I went to Target Sat. afternoon and then we went out for dinner that night.  We went to church Sunday, where the kids’ choir sang, and out for lunch. 

Drew did take the kids Sunday afternoon and signed up Will for tee ball.  I’m not sure what we are getting into!  I am kind of hesitant about the whole thing.  He didn’t love going to soccer practice last fall and it was only one time a week.  This will be once during the week and once on weekends.  We’ll see how old Will likes tee ball.  I think he might get to be on the team with a friend from church whose dad is the coach.  He will have a lot to learn about baseball!

I think that is the news of last week and the weekend. Until next time.

Daddy Love!DSC_0498DSC_0503All week long she called Drew her Valentine.  It was cute.DSC_0502DSC_0508Will made a money chute last week.  The coins and money came down through the magna tiles.DSC_0513Valentine’s Day!DSC_0514DSC_0519With her Rainbow Dream LiteDSC_0522DSC_0523With his snuggly dog Dream Lite.DSC_0527DSC_0530DSC_0536Lindy gives her brother a kiss by putting him in a head lock. ha!DSC_0538We sure do love each other!DSC_0545DSC_0553DSC_0556DSC_0559DSC_0564DSC_0565The kids’ Valentine’s!  IMG_1840They wrote their friends’ names and their own names on the back of every one.  IMG_1841DSC_0566DSC_0568Mimo made hearts for Lindy’s hair!DSC_0570Going to church on Sunday.DSC_0576My cute kids!DSC_0578DSC_0581Happy to have Papa and Nana visit us!DSC_0584DSC_0587DSC_0591Singing in church.DSC_0595Unfortunately the microphones blocked the kids.DSC_0596DSC_0598

No comments: