Monday, May 31, 2010

E-X-H-A-U-S-T-I-N-G Week

Of course Lindy caught whatever it was that Will had last week.  So two weeks of this has gotten really old.  Two weeks of sleepless nights is about my limit.  Thankfully we are seeing an improvement today.

It started exactly one week after Will got it.  I put the kids to bed Monday night and they both threw a fit.  Well I found out a little later that Lindy also threw up.  But this isn’t all that new.  She gets mad and throws up pretty often these days.  When I was trying to clean up a little bit she woke up again and started throwing up some more.  As soon as I touched her I knew she had a fever.  The fever lasted until Saturday!  Because Will had a virus last week we didn’t take her to the doctor.  Most of the time she didn’t act like she felt that horrible.  Except night time when she couldn’t sleep well at all.  Will’s fever broke and he felt fine after four days so we figured Lindy would do the same.  Instead she seemed worse on Friday.  As the week went on she got more and more congested.  I talked to the nurse at the doctors’ office on Friday for ideas on how to get the congestion loosened up.  She said if she still had a fever on Saturday to call and they would see her.  Saturday she woke up and acted like she felt bad again, with a little crud in her eye, but the fever was gone.  We went outside for awhile and she acted okay so I thought she was really getting over it.  But she woke up from her nap with an eye full of crud so I called the doctors’ office again and got her an appointment for Sunday afternoon.  Friday and Saturday she was the biggest mama’s girl ever.  She only wanted me and she wanted me to hold her all day long.  She woke up Sunday acting almost normal so we wondered if it was going to be a waste of time to take her to the doctor, but it turns out that she has double ear infections and conjunctivitis.  Lindy has her second ear infection in a month now.  We started her antibiotics and prayed we got sleep last night.  Although she stirred a few times, she mostly slept through the night.  Which means we slept through the night.  She slept until 9:15am this morning!  She must have been exhausted!

This week has been pretty crazy.  We had hearing therapy with Chris on Monday afternoon.  I honestly can’t remember what we did in the session.  I cancelled her physical therapy session Tuesday morning.  Wednesday morning Leslie came for vision therapy.  I remember they did puzzles and an art project.  Thursday afternoon both kids had speech therapy with Lawson.   Lindy had just woken up from a nap and was a little out of it.   I also cancelled an appointment Thursday morning for Lindy.  We were supposed to go pick up her hearing aids that were sent in for work like 6 weeks ago.  I cancelled the appointments we were going to have to take her to but let her do the ones here at home.

Besides sickness and appointments, Drew preached a revival three nights this week. Another night we had some friends over for dinner and then we were supposed to go out to eat Friday night with our new church but because Lindy was sick, the kids and I didn’t go.  Finally Saturday we had a big yard sale.  We got rid of a lot of stuff, (including our baby stuff, which was a little sad) and made some money while we were at it.  Phew, and we did all that on little sleep. 

Will had a big day on Friday.  He was sitting in his high chair and said something about poo poo in his diaper.  I asked if he did and checked but he hadn’t so I rushed him to the potty and he pooped in the potty!  We were so excited.  We made a big deal of it.  He was pretty proud of himself too.  Not so proud that he has done it again, but proud nonetheless. 

Will has been talking up a storm.  One funny thing he said was on Sat. at the yard sale.  We always tell him ‘new friends’ are coming if someone new or someone they haven’t seen in awhile is coming over.  He loves to talk about new friends.  At the yard sale every time a car pulled in he’d say, ‘New friends here.’  In the afternoon we were outside and I said to the kids, “Okay, it’s time to go inside and take a nap.”  Will turns to the 6 people in the garage and says, “Bye bye new friends” and heads inside!  It was too funny.

I didn’t take nearly as many pictures this week as usual but here is what I had on the camera.

DSC_0519 She may be smiling but she was sporting a fever in this picture.DSC_0524 With me tending to Lindy, someone had to do some cleaning around here!  Just kidding.  He loves this little vacuum!DSC_0528 Sick girl.DSC_0535 DSC_0543 Lindy’s psychopath picture!DSC_0546 Reconnecting with the sit and spin I found while going through yard sale stuff.DSC_0558  Whenever I sat Lindy down Friday or Saturday, this is what I got.DSC_0550A few rare happy moments Friday.DSC_0557 Instead of peek-a-boo these days, she says, “Mama, where are you?”DSC_0561DSC_0562   Lindy wearing her glasses on her head like her hearing teacher, Miss Chris.DSC_0567 No clue what he is doing, just think he looks cute!DSC_0548 Cute close up of My Lady.  Hard to tell behind her glasses but her left eye is red, a little swollen, and goopy.DSC_0577DSC_0579DSC_0588  Lindy sleeping this morning on the couch.  Check out the pile of drool she is laying in!DSC_0589 So sweet, even with ridiculous bed head!  We all desperately needed this good night’s sleep.  Her eye was completely shut this morning with goo in it when she woke up.  Surprisingly I didn’t take a picture!DSC_0590 

So far today she is acting a ton better!  So long fevers.  We hope to never see you again!!!!  Happy Memorial Day!

No comments: