Monday, November 23, 2009

Thankful For...

Seeing as it is the week of Thanksgiving, I want to highlight some of the people Drew and I are thankful for.

Today I'm thankful for Nana and Papa.   Nana and Papa are my parents.  As much as I wish my parents lived around the corner, unfortunately they don't.  And although they live up in Ohio, we still get to see them every couple of months.  They descend upon our house for a weekend full of lovin on our kids.  They dive in and feed, and read, and play with the kids.  It's obvious the kids bask in the constant attention they get when Nana and Papa are around.  Will especially loves having a willing person to read him books! 

Nana and Papa have always been a constant support system for us.  My mom is the first person I call when I'm having a horrible day with the kids.  They are the first people I call when one of the kids has accomplished a new milestone or done something funny.  From the poems my mom wrote every month of the kids' first year to the things my dad has built for the kids, we know how much Nana and Papa love our kids. 

We will miss seeing them at Thanksgiving this year, but we want them to know how thankful we are to have them in our lives and our kids' lives!



















 

No comments: