Monday, September 12, 2016

First Day of 3rd Grade

School started bright and early on Monday, August 29th.  It was a bit of a tough week having to go five full days just starting back.  But we made it!

3rd grade!  Can you believe it?  I can't.  I don't know how this happened so quickly.  I wish they were just starting kindergarten.  I'd love to go back to learning the ABC's. ha!

Lindy has Ms. Taylor this year and is thankfully staying in her room all day.  It was a bit of a crazy morning for Lindy.  Because she got new hearing aids this summer, her equipment changed.   Her old hearing aids had an integrated FM boot on them.  It stayed on all the time and her teacher just turned her FM system on each morning.  On the first day of school her hearing therapist was there as soon as we walked in to help get her equipment up and running.  She has to take off her battery door and put on a new shoe.  This shoe stays on all the time.  They ordered pink shoes to match her hearing aids but they haven't come in yet so right now she has a tan shoe.  This shoe is basically just a different battery door.  Then she has to attach an FM receiver to her hearing aids every morning.  It's school property so it's not allowed to leave the property.  Each morning she has to put it on the end of the shoe and then she has to take it off every afternoon.   Once her hearing therapist got the equipment all on but the FM didn't work.  I stayed for awhile but eventually had to leave.  Her therapist did call me an hour later to tell me she finally got it working.  She only has the FM system in one ear right now, which is better than nothing, but I look forward to getting both ears up and running. 

Will is actually switching classes this year.  He is doing the AG program so he goes to another teacher for language arts and math.  He described his first day as confusing!  He checks into his homeroom, Mrs. Munford, puts his lunch down and then goes to Mrs. Lipe's room.  He stays there till 11:30am and goes back to finish the day with Mrs. Munford.  He has lunch, specials, recess, and science or social studies with her.  He has a desk in Mrs. Munford's class, but not in Mrs. Lipe's.  He has to carry everything he needs for Mrs. Lipe's class in his backpack.  Poor kid is weighed down everyday.  It took a few days to get things figured out but I think he has it now. 

There were a few kinks the first week but overall we made it through.  Friday night we were all exhausted and just hung out at home.  Saturday we did chores and work around the house.   The kids  were excited to relax after their big first week of 3rd grade.

Sunday we had church and then we packed up and headed to my parents' for the Labor Day holiday.   Katie, Kris, Micah and Claire arrived soon after we did and we had a fun day of playing in the pool.  It was a little bit chilly in the pool but the kids still had fun.  We had a yummy dinner and the kids swam some more before the Bryants headed home.  Monday we had another pool day.  My parents' best friends' granddaughter and her fiancée came up from Charlotte to visit.  We played in the pool, ate dinner and headed home.  It was nice to have Saturday to get stuff done around the house but have two more days to do something fun. 

The first day of school pics!

Breakfast for some 3rd graders!
 First day of school pics!  3rd grade???

 Aiden must have been doing something crazy inside!
 Will and Mrs. Munford
 Will and Mrs. Lipe
 Lindy and Mrs. Taylor
 Lindy and Mrs. Rose Lynne - her hearing teacher

 In June 2015 we started the license plate game on our trip to FL.  We continued to play around town and on our trip to MO for Thanksgiving.  We found every license plate except North Dakota.  We went months looking for ND and I finally found it the first week of school!  We finally got all 50 states!! 
 Will and I have worked hard on finding the license plates!  He was excited too!
 Mr. Pringle Duck face
 Swimming with the Bryants - Drew and Katie about to race!
 Real pic
 Funny pic!

No comments: