Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Memorial Day

I was caught up for a week.  That was nice. 

Nothing much happened at the beginning of two weeks ago.  Thursday, May 21st we had an end of soccer season party at the YMCA.  It was a pot luck type thing I had to organize.  They all agreed to bring stuff and we got there at the suggested time but then had to wait.  And wait.  They had a bounce house for kids – like 50 at a time in it – and they eventually shut it down because they said it broke.  I tried keeping mine away from it but they kept drifting back over.  Will played some games with his team mates and then we waited.  And waited some more.  The cheerleaders finally did some show and then we were allowed to eat.  We ate and then each team just handed out their trophies to their players.  The other assistant coach and I handed out ours and then we scattered.  Hard to believe the season is over and that I was really their coach.  Not what I had in mind when I signed Will up but, hey, I had to do what I had to do so they could play. 

Friday I got off of work at 11:30am and headed home to pack for the beach.  We picked the kids up from school and headed out to Oak Island for the long holiday.  Lynn put the beach house on the market the week of Memorial Day so it was quite possibly our last trip down there.  Time will tell.  We got their Friday evening and Lynn got there Saturday afternoon.  We had two gorgeous days on the beach.  They couldn’t have been any nicer.  Well I guess it would have been nicer if so many people hadn’t been there.  It was packed!  We are not used to Oak Island being so crowded.  We headed home Monday after lunch.  We brought Aiden with us because I was too cheap to board him.  He did fine Friday night but then Lynn brought her dogs with her so from Saturday afternoon on – it was game on.  Aiden is a pup and Phoebe and Pooka are not.  Pooka apparently doesn’t like other dogs and would bark if Aiden was anywhere near him.  Aiden did try to get him to play but they wouldn’t.  Poor Phoebs got humped all weekend.  Aiden was a persistent young fellow.  I stopped him when I was around but it was obvious Phoebe was not in the mood.  She just wasn’t that into him.  ha ha!  By Monday they could all be in the same room together.  Of course we left on Monday.

Enjoy some pics from our beach trip.

Soccer party gang eating dinner.DSC_4510
Giving my boy his trophy!DSC_4519
Coach Mom and cutest soccer player ever!DSC_4537
Beach bums!!
DSC_4547
DSC_4551
DSC_4553
DSC_4561
The boy got some air on that swing!
DSC_4570
DSC_4571
DSC_4574
DSC_4578
DSC_4582
DSC_4583
DSC_4585
DSC_4591DSC_4595DSC_4596
DSC_4597
DSC_4600
Who is skinnier?  Will or Drew?  It’s a toss up.DSC_4607
They look like they are paddling in a boat! DSC_4609
This is Sun Island I created.
DSC_4614

This big group next to us played ladder ball most of the afternoon and Will just sat down and watched the action.DSC_4618
Family photo opDSC_4625
The kids and Mimo.
DSC_4630
A little pic of the dog action from the weekend.  It was a bit crazy.IMG_7628
Maybe the last picture on the porch swing????IMG_7636

No comments: