Monday, May 19, 2014

Fun Weekend

It’s time for another post.  The time comes around so fast each week.   Monday I picked the kids up from school and headed home with them.  It was so nice to spend the afternoon with them!  We played outside for a little while, did homework, made dinner.  It was nice! 

Tuesday morning I went to science with Lindy.  I didn’t tell her I was coming and she was so excited to see me in the science room!  Tuesday evening Will had a tee ball game.  I need to start saying ball game because he never uses the tee.  They pitch to every kid and after about 6 pitches if they haven’t hit they get the tee.  Will has used the tee one time the entire year.  So it’s definitely not tee ball for him. 

Lindy had a bad week at school.  She got her card pulled TWICE.  agag!  Thursday and Friday.  Thursday was because she hadn’t been doing her morning work.  Her teacher said she just hadn’t done it for two mornings and hadn’t done any writing in writing workshop the day before.  She must have kindergartenitis.  As soon as she got her card pulled she did her morning work.  She kept saying it was hard but her teacher said it wasn’t.  Friday she got her card pulled because she ignored her teachers.  They asked her if her hearing aids were working and she ignored them.   She changed her story 20 times so I don’t know if she did hear her or not.  She lost privileges at home and she wasn’t happy about it. 

I do think she has a lot of wax in her ears.  I started the drops to loosen the wax but it’s hard because where is it supposed to go?  She has hearing aids in for over 12 hours a day.  I’ve been doing them during the night so it can drain out.  I also flushed her ears out with water and the bulb syringe.  My mom had to do it on me all the time growing up and I finally got brave enough to try it on her.  I did get wax out so that was good.  Just in case she couldn’t hear her teachers, I tried to get rid of some of the wax this weekend. 

Friday night Drew and I did something really cool to celebrate our anniversary.  We couldn’t do much on our actual anniversary since it was also Mother’s Day.  Friday evening we did a Segway tour around downtown Winston-Salem.  They did a great training in the parking lot and then they took us on a 2 hour tour all over WS.  It was so cool and something so different and unique.  We went to dinner afterwards and then home.  We really appreciate our neighbors offering to watch the kids so we could go out and celebrate 12 years of wedded bliss.  

Saturday was a busy, busy day.  One I was really looking forward to sleeping in on since I didn’t have a March for Babies walk.  Too bad Lindy woke up at 6:24am.  I guess it’s better than 4am but it was still too early.  It did give us a chance to get up and get ready and out the door for Will’s ball game at 10am.  He had a good game.  He got one of the best hits I’ve seen him have.  We left his game and Drew and Will headed to the Southern Family Reunion.  Lindy and I headed to her tee ball game.  I finally got to see her play tee ball!  Yay!  It was a lot of fun to see her out there having fun.  She can really hit the ball off the tee well!  Which is funny because I’m sure she’s not keeping her eyes on it!  ha!  They got to bat three times and they played out in the field three times.  There were some boys from other teams that played against them.  She had a blast.  We left the game and headed to the reunion at Miller Park.  We enjoyed seeing the family.  GrandBob and Suzette came over after for a little bit. 

Today we had church, a spaghetti lunch after church, and then a birthday party for a boy in our church.  Then I went grocery shopping.  Busy but fun day!  The birthday party was at the bowling alley and the kids were so excited about it.  For the first time ever, Will bowled for real – without the ramp.  He still had bumpers up but no ramp.  Lindy technically beat him but she used the ramp. 

It was a busy and fun week and we are looking for another one this week.

We made a cornhole game on Monday afternoon.  DSC_9218DSC_9219
DSC_9221
Will’s ball game on Tuesday evening.
DSC_9224DSC_9232DSC_9234
Lindy’s funny shirt!
DSC_9235
Gliding, Gliding, Gliding!
IMG_4574
IMG_4577
IMG_4582
IMG_4584
Lindy’s game on Saturday.  The girl can hit!  I might have overloaded on Lindy’s game pictures but it’s the first time I’ve been able to take them!
DSC_9236DSC_9238DSC_9240DSC_9242DSC_9245
DSC_9249
DSC_9251
DSC_9256
DSC_9257DSC_9261DSC_9262DSC_9265
DSC_9271
DSC_9272
DSC_9275DSC_9281DSC_9284DSC_9286
DSC_9250
IMG_4606
The Banister Family Reunion!
  DSC_9290
The Ed Southern Family.  A picture of the four of them?  It’s a May miracle!
DSC_9293
The littles of the family.  DSC_9295
How crazy is it that the little girls all had on the exact same color orange shirt.  And it’s not a normal color orange shirt.  It’s a very different, bright orange color.  Too funny.  DSC_9301
The Southern Children.  Bob and his pained look kind of ruin that picture! 
DSC_9305
Drew and his cousin Deirdre.DSC_9307
Lindy and Will loved playing with Missy the dog. She is an old, gentle dog, just right for them!DSC_9308DSC_9310DSC_9315
The bowling birthday party.  They had a blast.  DSC_9318DSC_9319
DSC_9321DSC_9320DSC_9323DSC_9326DSC_9332DSC_9338
Lindy and the birthday boy.DSC_9339
Happy birthday, Dylan!DSC_9345

No comments: