Friday, February 1, 2008

6 Month Babies

No one this sweet should have to go through everything she has been through and will have to go through. It's just not fair!


Thanks for the kind comments we have received from everyone. Wednesday turned out to be a rough day. I really hadn't prepared myself for the possibility of bad news. I get so caught up in the logisitics of getting to appointments on time with everyone happy and sated that I don't think much about the apppointments. That's what totally happened on Wednesday. The whole day went south from the appointment on. It was the babies' 6 month birthday and I was thinking a lot about what was happening six months ago. We were in the midst of the worst day of our lives. It brought back bad memories and of course had me thinking a lot about Adam. I guess I'm allowed to have bad days every once in awhile. It's not like any of this has been very easy.


The other reason the hearing thing caught us off guard is because we really think she does respond to some sound. We've seen her jump in response to loud noises. She was drifting off to sleep a few minutes ago and I yelled her name and she totally jumped and flung her arms all around. Who knows! True, they didn't test the right ear, but we do know she failed the test the first time around so there isn't great hope for it. Maybe it is better than the left ear. I guess we will just have to wait and see. Waiting stinks.


We bounced back and had a fine day yesterday. We move on and do what we have to for Lindy. It sure would be nice to skip over one problem. The more problems that develop really make me wonder about Lindy's future. I think on Wednesday I was kind of mourning a 'normal life' for her. Lindy's life has been hard and will continue to be hard and that sinks. I just want to shout, "Enough already!!" She has fought through it all but one little girl shouldn't have to go through so much.


To cheer us all up, here is a cute video of her. (Will is in the back ground making noises).



The babies had their 6 month pediatrician appointment and vaccinations yesterday. Lindy is 9 pounds even and 20 inches long. Will is 11 pounds and 10 ounces and 21.5 inches long. Quite a difference! Lindy has had excellent weight gain, but when you compare her to the whopper Will, she still seems tiny! They both got their 6 month vaccinations and Will also got his Synagis (for RSV). Will was asleep when she gave him the first one. Rough way to wake up!

Waiting at the doctor's office for the dreaded shots! At this point they were having a good time! The bandaids over their little boo-boos.


In honor of their 6 month birthday, I thought we would take a look back. Drew's wedding ring fit over their hands and down on their arms at one point. Not anymore!! It only fits two fingers now. I was absolutely in shock last night when I asked Drew for his ring. It is so hard to believe their fists fit through it. I really can't remember them actually being that small. They have changed so much!!

Lindy


Will


And some more cute pictures!
Will was giving Lindy a foot massage!!

Our "Little Flirt" is looking for a Valentine's Day date. Any takers?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lindy does seem to have problems but she has two parents who love her dearly. At the end of the day, that is what really counts. She has shown everyone how strong she is and she can overcome roadblocks. Both babies have come a long way in 6 months.

They are both beautiful babies. I look forward the blogs.

Paulette and Ron

Melanie said...

Of course you're entitled to a bad day. Most people under the stress and pressure that you have been under in the past six months would have already lost it. I know it is hard. I can only imagine the pain that you are feeling for your little girl. She is so precious, and really doesn't deserve the poor hand that life has dealt her. I know that you are worried about her future, but that can only bring you more stress. Try to remain focused on the here and now. I, for one, think it has to be a good sign that she jumped when you yelled her name, and in her cute little video she looks like she's looking all over the place and checking things out. I have never even met your babies, but I love them - I really do. My heart breaks everytime something goes sour for Little Miss Lindy. Have your bad days, have a good cry, you are entitled, but take complete and total joy in the good days. There are starting to be more and more of them as the babies get bigger and stronger. The good days are the days that really matter anyway - don't let the bad days define you. I know that you don't. You are always so upbeat and positive. I am proud of you!
Melanie
p.s. I love the webpage and the new stuff that you've done with it. Never stress over a post. We'll read it no matter how it looks, and I think it looks just fine. :)

lauren said...

Drew and Jamie - I just wanted to let you know that you guys have really been on my heart since your posting about Lindy's hearing check. I will CONTINUE to pray that when you get her in for the full test that your sense that she can hear is TOTALLY correct and that little miss Lindy will finally be cut a break!! You (and she) deserve it!!

Hugs, Lauren

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie,
You all have been on my mind these past couple of weeks and I've been wondering how you all have been doing but I never get a chance to do much on the computer due to my 3 yr old who immediately wants to play on it if I go near it...anyway, after reading your recent posts I think God had put you all on my heart. You have been in my prayers and I will continue to pray now that I've read the latest. Hang in there - you are doing great. Allison is doing well and is now 4 months old and weighs almost as much as Will. Allison can be his Valentine - they have matching scars :) I hope to call you one day just to chat. I love reading about you and your babies. Anne Lunsford

Tonya Montrief said...

Hi Jamie ~ As I sit here crying, I think back to when my Husbands ring fit all the way up our twins arm. God is truely amazing. I know you are so bummed about Lindy, but please never lose your faith in God. He promised that he would never leave us nor forsake us and I truely believe that he has great plans for your babies!! They haven't come this far for nothing!! There is a song by Mercyme called "Bring the Rain" that kept me going through all of the heartache that Austin put us through! You really need to listen to it. Chorus ~ Bring me joy bring me peace, bring the chance to be free, bring me anything that brings you glory, and I know there will be days when this life brings me pain, but if thats what it takes to praise you ~ Jesus Bring the rain. I honestly believe we go through these things because God has a special plan for us. (Now to him who is able to do immeasureably more than all we can ask or imagine.) another verse that I carried with me and still do through all of the hard days. No matter what the doctors say I always try to remember God has a plan and he will NOT forsake me. He is the healer of all things and the bible says by his stripes We are healed!! I truely believe that and will continue to believe it when I remember your babies in my daily prayer!! Keep your faith girl! If you need anything please let me know eyechic03@yahoo.com! God bless!