Sunday, March 18, 2012

First Easter Egg Hunt of the Year

St. Patrick’s Day wasn’t the only fun part of our week. 

Monday Drew and I both picked the kids up from school and we had a picnic at the playground at their school.  Lindy and I then headed to physical therapy and Drew and Will headed to two more parks to play.  Will is so funny at parks now.  He used to be super shy but not anymore.  He tells people, “I’m Will. W-I-L-L.”  That’s right, he spells his name!  Recently when we were at the park he would also point out Lindy and tell people she was his sister and Drew said he was telling people that Lindy wasn’t at the park.  Funny kid.  Lindy did well in PT.  She looked the best she’s looked in months.  Jill was impressed with her range.  Her braces are getting a little small (we’ve had them almost a year) so we made plans to cast her in three weeks. 

Tuesday Lindy had school and then they went to gymnastics.  Lindy kept coming to the gate, but I’m not sure why.  Just to visit I guess. 

Wednesday I had a March of Dimes meeting, so Drew picked the kids up from music class for me.  We are getting all our last minute planning done since we only have about 5 weeks left until the March for Babies.

Besides it being St. Patrick’s Day on Saturday, it was also the kids’ first Easter egg hunt.  This isn’t just any Easter egg hunt, it was an Easter egg hunt for visually impaired children, put on by the Winston-Salem bomb squad and the Governor Morehead Preschool for the Blind.  Lindy has been working with Governor Morehead since she came home from the NICU.  The bomb squad makes these beeping Easter eggs so even if you can’t see the eggs, you can hear them and hunt them!  This is the second year they have done this event and we had just as much fun this year as we did last year.  This year they had a blind marathon runner who would run with the kids.  They got to cross the finish line and then get a gold medal!  Both kids thought this was great!  They had a pony, face painter, balloon  animal leprechaun(!), puzzles, bomb squad robots, games, and of course Easter eggs!  We were there almost two hours and had a lot of fun.  We saw two of Lindy’s old Governor Morehead teachers, but her current teacher was at a conference. 

We had not been there very long when a local TV anchor came running over to us, followed by a cameraman.  She asked if they could follow us around for awhile.  We said sure and then she asked if she could put a microphone on one of us.  Drew was pointing at me and I was pointing at Drew.   I got the microphone.  They taped the kids playing and hunting the Easter eggs and then they asked me a few questions.  It aired on the local news last night and I heard it was on again this morning.  We made sure to watch last night and the kids thought it was pretty cool to see themselves on TV.  I was cringing listening to myself talk! 

Here it is!  http://www.wxii12.com/video/30702494/detail.html

We also had our neighbors over to play on Saturday afternoon.  The kids had a blast playing outside.  We got rained out and came inside to play before they left.  It’s so nice to have neighbors with kids the same age!

Today we had church and  I had a meeting after church.  The kids came home with Drew.  Will bugged and bugged me until I got the Easter decorations out.  That kid loves some decorations! 

Besides all the fun we had, we had the basketball games on all weekend.  Thanks Missouri and Duke for ruining everyone’s brackets(including mine)!  That’s why they call it March Madness!

Have a great week!

DSC_0828DSC_0829DSC_0830DSC_0838This girl loves a piggy back ride!DSC_0842She wore my shirt all day long.DSC_0844Pretending to be flying condors!DSC_0846Trying Shamrock Shakes – Lindy liked, Will didn’t.DSC_0852DSC_0854March Madness means eating dinner by the TV.DSC_0859Running races at the Easter egg hunt.DSC_0882DSC_0887DSC_0888Tater-Tot the pony!DSC_0890DSC_0891DSC_0895He was so funny reaching in the bag and trying to feel what was inside.DSC_0903The kids with Alex, Lesley’s son.  It was too bright to get them to look at me.DSC_0907Hunting the beeping eggs!DSC_0908DSC_0911DSC_0912DSC_0917DSC_0920DSC_0924DSC_0927The bomb squad robot.DSC_0933The leprechaun balloon maker!DSC_0935A blue dogDSC_0939and a green snake!DSC_0941DSC_0943Lindy’s first vision teacher, Susan.DSC_0946Her second vision teacher, Lesley, who we had about 2.5 years.DSC_0944Watching herself on TV!DSC_0973Church outfits today.DSC_0984My beauty!DSC_0990My crazy!DSC_0992My handsome (after a much needed haircut this week!)DSC_0996Silly girl!  She had a kitty hand puppet on and she was attacking us with it.  She thought this was the funniest thing in the world.  She was cackling.  She wore her new coat the entire afternoon and added the bunny ears in the afternoon.  DSC_1007

1 comment:

Amanda said...

What a neat egg hunt! I bet Lindy and Will had a great time. And I think you sounded great on TV!