Saturday, March 27, 2010

Busy Week on the Go

Hope you have had a good week.  Ours was quite nice. 

Last weekend I got to have a day/night away in Raleigh.  My first roommate in college is getting married so I went to her bridal shower and bachelorette party last Saturday.  It’s always fun to hang out with old friends. 

Instead of preaching at our church Sunday morning, Drew did a pulpit exchange with a friend in Asheboro on Sunday morning.  Since I was out of town and Drew was headed out of town, Drew’s brother Ed and his fiancé Jamie came up to watch the kids.  They took them outside which is the best way to our kids’ hearts.  I know Will and Lindy had fun and Will has been saying ‘Ed’ all week.  Jamie must be a hard word because what he says sounds nothing like it!

Tuesday was a busy day for us.  Lindy had PT at 9am in the morning.  We all rode into town together and Drew and Will dropped Lindy and I off.  Lindy did well at PT.  Our therapist said she felt great.  She said if she continues to do so well and feel that loose that we can decrease her to once a month.  We are going to start working hard on steps.  Steps are tricky because of her vision.  Drew and Will came and picked us up and we headed to get pictures taken of the kids.  They were their 2.5 year old pictures and Easter pictures.  They turned out great.   After pictures we met up with Ed, Jamie, and Drew’s sister Anna for lunch.  After lunch the kids and I headed home and all the Southern kids went to visit their grandmother.  Then Anna brought Drew home and stayed to play with the kids and eat dinner. 

Wednesday morning we had speech therapy and we actually got Lindy evaluated for speech services.  I don’t have the official report or remember the official numbers but she was in the normal range for receptive language and showed a moderate to severe delay in expressive language.  Not a great shock but I think she is more moderate than severe.  She didn’t get credit for a couple things because I wasn’t sure about some of the questions.  Lindy does have words, quite a few, but she talks mostly when she is prompted.  Anyway we signed her up for services and hopefully she’ll blossom in her language like Will has.   After evaluating Lindy, Will had his regular speech session.  He did great.  He said almost everything she asked him to.  His speech has taken off.  It’s pretty crazy how much he talks now.  He says two word phrases all the time and is adding in some longer ones.  The other day he said “help sissy applesauce’ when he saw me helping Lindy.  I got him to then say, “Mama help sissy eat applesauce.’  He has got a ridiculously sweet little voice so it’s fun to hear him talking!  Lindy’s voice is so raspy because of her paralyzed vocal cord.  She sounds so funny!  She has recently started saying some two word phrases too.  She pretty consistently says “Hi mama’ or ‘Bye bye Dada’ and has started saying “glasses off’ as well. 

Wednesday afternoon we had hearing therapy with Chris.  Lindy got to play in the dirt and plant a  little flower.  We were introducing some new vocabulary words.  She loved making a mess! 

Thursday the kids got to go to the mall shopping with me.  They did pretty well but I think they get tired of sitting in the stroller so long.  I decided I didn’t want to sit in the house all day so we went to look for a new dress for me. 

Finally yesterday we loaded up and headed down to Charlotte.  We first stopped to visit some friends who have moved to a nursing home in Charlotte.  I think it wore them out to just watch Will and Lindy but I think they enjoyed seeing them.  Then we headed to GrandBob’s in the afternoon.  Last night I got to go to their church consignment sale.  I got in with Suzette and got first pick of all the clothes.  I got a ton of stuff for $43!  It definitely helps supplement their summer wardrobes.  I wish I got an entirely new wardrobe each season! 

Today we met Mimo and Aunt Anna for lunch and we got to play outside a bit.  Will fell and scraped up his knee again.  The first skinned knee was healing and he ripped the scabs off and tore it open again.  It might be a long summer of skinned up knees at the rate he’s going.  They both passed out as soon as we started driving home.

The only other news is that the runny noses are back.  Will’s has been running a tiny bit since his last cold but yesterday morning someone turned the faucet back on full blast.  Lindy has had some snot too.  They really seem fine and I really think they have allergies.  We’ve been outside a lot this week and there are all kinds of things blooming right now.  I’m going to have to look into some allergy medicine soon.  The snot is out of control!

We  had a fun and busy week and the kids enjoyed seeing their aunts, uncles, and grandparents so much!  Now I need to get the house cleaned this week for Easter and our visit from Nana and Papa next weekend!

Me (the incredibly short one), Nicole, Julie, Joanna (the bride to be) and Heather celebrating the upcoming nuptials.DSCN1269Will has played all week up in the chair with these balls.  DSC_1088  Inventing new ways to play with the pop-up tent.DSC_1090 Planting her first flower with Chris.DSC_1093 DSC_1095 Lindy was being silly on the car ride to Charlotte!DSC_1104Will stood at the door saying ‘outside’ until GrandBob took him out to play basketball!DSC_1112 The silly girl.DSC_1118 Lindy and GrandBob picked me a flower.DSC_1128 DSC_1133 DSC_1134 DSC_1144 Lunch with Mimo and Aunt Anna today.DSC_1151 DSC_1153DSC_1157 DSC_1159 DSC_1167 DSC_1173 DSC_1184

Don’t forget about our March for Babies walk!  We have less than a month and we are still aiming for our $3500 goal.  If you have been thinking about donating, go ahead!  It’s the perfect time!!


Ang said...

Hi Jamie! I found your blog from Moms of Multiples and just wanted to say hello. Your little ones are so cute!

Joey said...

Gah! I made the blog!!! Glad to hear you all have had a good week - thanks again for helping me celebrate! See you all soon! Love, Joey