Monday, June 7, 2010

March of Dimes Awards

For the second year in a row, we got some cool March of Dimes March for Babies awards. 

Our team, Million Dollar Babies, was the top Family Team.  Our team raised more money than any other family team!  Go team!  Our team raised $4709.DSC_0689I got the Top Walker award.  I raised more money than any other person in our walk!  Go Me!  Actually, Drew and I combine all our donations so Drew’s name should also be on that award.  We raised $3809.DSC_0691 

I want to thank all our friends and family for donating.  We obviously couldn’t get any of these awards without their generosity.  Asking for money is not something we feel very comfortable doing.  After experiencing extreme prematurity and infant mortality, we have done a lot of things we never imagined, including speaking up and asking for donations.  This is a cause near and dear to our hearts and we are so thankful that our friends and family support us.   We can’t wait to participate in the March for Babies on April 16, 2011!  We’re going to try for the three-peat next year for top walker and team awards!

4 comments:

Lynn Southern said...

Go Million Dollar Babies!!! You guys are awesome! I'm so proud.

Angela said...

Found you on M&M. Great job! Amazing! You have a beautiful family! I'll have to read more soon!

Andrea said...

Just found your blog. I am reading it from the beginning. You have an amazing family. I have a set of BG twins born at 28 weeks. I didn't start a blog until they were 18 months old. They are now 2 years old. I had smile when I saw your 2 wearing the purple/green outfits from CP. Mine wore the exact outfits for Easter this year. I am enjoying reading your story so far. God Bless, Andrea

Jen said...

This was my first time to your blog as well {from Andreas}!
I have G/G twins born at 23 weeks, two days apart.
One of my daughters also wears Miraflex Glasses. Her vision is -18 in both eyes, and her retinas are detaching.
I'm off to read more of your story...
P.S.
Your kids are SO adorable!!!!!!!