Tuesday, December 18, 2007

It's REALLY coming to an end!!

Lindy is coming home TOMORROW!!!! Wednesday, December 19th! The best Christmas present we could have ever asked for!

After trying to ship her out of Duke, she has ended up staying there. Things really started picking up towards the end of last week. They made the decision about oxygen on Thursday and they came to Drew on Friday with home health companies. She has continued to eat like a champ all weekend long.

They moved her eye exam to today (Tuesday) and they said if she got a good report from the ophthalmologist that she could be discharged on Wednesday! Yesterday was spent trying to find home health companies and today was spent waiting for the eye exam. The eye doctor said she was looking good and stable and there has been no change since last week. They cleared her so that she can come home!!

Drew is in Durham today and he is 'rooming in' with Lindy tonight. They have rooms where parents can stay with their babies before they go home. We figured that since she is on oxygen that it would be good for someone to have a little experience with her before she got home. I really hope the night goes well for them. We've never been with her in the middle of the night!

Tomorrow is going to be an exciting day. Drew's dad, Bob, and his wife, Suzette, are coming up tomorrow morning. Suzette is going to keep Will all day and Bob will be taking me to Durham to meet Drew and Lindy. I want to be there with her when we leave the hospital!! Plus I don't think Drew would be comfortable driving two hours with her in the backseat by herself, on oxygen.

I can't imagine what it is going to be like with two babies, one being on oxygen. I'm pretty nervous actually! I really can't imagine what it will be like on Thursday morning when no one has to get up and go the hospital. One of us has been at the hospital everyday (except for 2 days) since July 18th!

As I was writing this post the company just delivered the oxygen tank. It's not as big as I thought it would be. It comes with 50 foot of tubing so you can put the tank out of the way and still take her all around the house. It doesn't seem too complicated.

So it looks like we are all ready for Miss Lindy. Well except I started putting together her bouncy seat and it seems kind of rickety. Will and I will have to spend some time tonight trying to get it together right.

I can't wait to see the babies together tomorrow! I can't wait to hold my babies at the same time. It will be the first time I have ever held them at the same time. We never got to in the hospitals.

So much excitement for tomorrow! Lots of big changes!!!!! Next time I post we'll have our whole family together at home!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My Goodness. How exciting for all of you. It is wonderful that you will all be together in time for Christmas.

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to all of you.

Paulette and Ron

marcus said...

Congratulations Drew and Jamie! Wow, what an exciting Christmas it will be for you. This calls for another bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream!!

Merry Christmas!
Marc and Aimee

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to spend Christmas day with my WHOLE family!! I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am for y'all. You four are my heros, you guys never cease to amaze me!!! Love, Aunt Anna

lauren said...

YIPPEE!!! I am so happy for all FOUR of you! Have a wonderful and blessed Christmas season, and give me a call if you want pics at some point!

lauren

Joey said...

What a wonderful Christmas present. I'm so happy for all of you! Have a great holiday with the whole family at home! :-)

Melanie said...

Oh Jamie! I am sooooo happy for you!!!! I haven't commented in a while, but I have been keeping tabs on you guys daily. I've been praying for you guys, I've had other people praying, and I've even had your babies on the prayer list at my church. Now, finally after all this time, the day that you never thought would arrive is finally here, and finally your family will be together at home, where you all should be! I know you will have somewhat of an obstacle with Lindy's oxygen, but it will all be worth it to have her home. I know that you will be a very busy lady, but you will have to post some pictures as soon as you can, so we can see your beautiful family! I wish you guys an absolutely wonderfully marvelous Christmas - Lord knows you deserve it!
Much love,
Melanie

Frenda and Pete said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND GOD BLESS YOU EVERYONE. A son and daughter at home with a mommy and daddy, just like it is meant to be. LOVE TO ALL and good luck. SLEEP is over for a while.